Friday, October 15, 2010

Here's What We've Been Up To...

So I have been putting off updating the blog because it's been so incredibly long since I have posted anything, but I guess now is as good a time as any. In the last few months a lot has changed. Here are a few highlights:

- We bought a house and moved into it at the beginning of August. It is in Louisville, CO. We really love it. It backs up to a little lake and a park. There is also a little playground just around the corner that we take Caleb to all the time. He loves the swings and is starting to explore the slide!

- I (Danielle) started a new job that I absolutely love! I am teaching special education at the same elementary school that I did my student teaching at 5 years ago. It is a perfect fit for me and has been a really smooth transition. I work 4 hours a day. It is the perfect balance for me - being able to get out of the house, but also getting the majority of the day with Caleb. I couldn't be happier about the decision. Caleb goes to daycare during that time and he is doing great there!

- Mid-August Caleb started crawling, shortly after that he started cruising around the furniture, and then just a week ago started walking!!! He's not confident in his ability to do it without assistance yet, but every now and then lets go and gives it a try. We know we're really in for it now!!!

- September and October have been really pretty uneventful... we just settled into our house, I got used to working, Dan is getting more and more familiar with his job (and is loving it), and Caleb's just amazing us more and more every day.

Here are some pictures (mostly of the little man) that I've been meaning to post :)

Just love him...





Showing off an awesome sweater that my friend Laura MADE him!!



Dan,our friend Matt, and Kodiak hiked Pikes Peak (14,000 + feet) in early September



Playing at the park



Caleb practicing his walking


One of my favorite pictures... out for a walk around the lake behind our house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment